Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sunset Over Ogunquit Dunes

Sunset Over Ogunquit Dunes
at Ogunquit, Maine on October 21, 2013, sketched plein air on
October 21, 2013 with the Plein Air Painters of Maine, Southern Chapter
9" x 6", Winsor & Newton watercolors on Strathmore Windpower
140 lb. cold press watercolor paper
unframed, sold framed, $100 plus $5.50 sales tax plus $10 shipping

Photo with camera painting motion of plein air painter Bobbi Heath (web site HERE) on the dunes of Ogunquit, Maine on October 21, 2013. I last ran into Bobbi on Monhegan Island where she'd taken my Monhegan Challenge on Daily Paintworks and painted Black Head HERE. When I ran into her with the Plein Air Painters of Maine in Ogunquit she said with a smile that she was gifting me the Black Head painting! It's fabulous; I saw it when the oil was wet on Monhegan, and it will hang with my Challenge photo and art along with two others from the Challenge. I'm thrilled, and was speechless; thank you so much Bobbi.
With Monet over my Shoulder
by Bruce McMillan

Long ago in old France
paint in tubes freed Monet.
He explored the outside,
letting his brushes play

freely in the plein air.
Claude left his impression
on us forever, to
build on variation.

My interpretation,
its own form, a soft style
in a painterly way,
a photo, was made while

a plein air painter of
today, wearing a hat
like Monet, paints away,
freely, this way and that.

  text, photos and art © 2013 Bruce McMillan
Plein air painter Mary Byrom (web site HERE) takes a call, a painting break on the beach at Ogunquit, Maine on October 21, 2013. Mary is the leader of the PAPME Southern Chapter (Plein Air Painters of Maine). There an article with video (1:49) about Mary in the Portland (ME) Press Herald HERE.

No comments: