Saturday, July 13, 2013

Upstairs Library Display




Upstairs in the library is a display case holding half of the watercolor paintings on exhibit.


Included are my beginner's watercolor tools.


Background: When I visited my grandsons in Switzerland we had a plein air painting morning using the watercolor kits I'd brought them, the same kits in display case. I got intrigued with the watercolor medium; it's so handy to sketch with watercolors and so I took up watercolor sketching, no lessons, I plunged forth because it was and continues to be fun, learning more every day and researching various techniques.
        In the top of the display case you can see the same subject sketched when I began my journey (31) and more recently (33).

31
33

1 comment:

Brenda Ferguson said...

Wonderful display! Love seeing your tools. And your bird sketches are some of my favorites.
You've improved, Brucie!