Saturday, March 24, 2018

Three Pears, Two as...

Three Pears,
Two as a Shadow Pair
in my yard at Shapleigh, Maine
on February 8, painted on March 15 and 23, 2018
4" x 6" (w x h), Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam, and
Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness and
permanence, #3 graphite and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink
on 140 lb. Arches cold press fine grain 100% cotton watercolor paper
framed, $89 + $4.90 sales tax + $6.10 shipping = $100.00

On Artists Judging Their Work...
This painting got the most "Likes" I've ever gotten posting in the Watercolor Sketchers group on Facebook, thirty-five and still counting, yet it's a work, one in a series, that I'd put to the side as maybe not good enough for posting on my art blog.



Last summer I entered a work in the "Squares" show at the Port Clyde (Maine) Art Gallery, Browns Headlight Vinalhaven Study II, (details on this blog HERE) also one in a series that I'd deemed not good enough and hadn't posted it on my art blog. Imagine my surprise when it was selected as Best in Show!

Artist's evaluating their own work? You never know.

1 comment:

R.C.Webb said...

Really nice painting Bruce! Ruth