Friday, February 23, 2018

Curling That Winning Feeling

Curling That Winning Feeling
At Skip John Shuster's Request via Tweet from Korea...
Jubilation of USA men's curling skip John Schuster with the first
US Men's Olympic Curling win over Canada in Olympic history
at the 2018 Winter Olympics at PyeongChang, Korea
painted on Feb 23, 2018 at the request of John
12" x 9" (w x h), Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam, and
Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness and
permanence, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on 140 lb. Fabriano
Artistico cold press rough 100% cotton extra white watercolor paper.

NFS

I've gifted this commission to Skip John Shuster for all the pleasure he's given us Olympic Curling fans since 2006. I saw the USA Team, which John was on, win the Bronze medal via TV. And two months later I saw them curl live at the Men's Worlds held in Lowell, Massachusetts; didn't get to meet John then, but you never know.



The Reference Photos


The photo John Tweeted me.

"If you painted your rendition of this one,
I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Would like to purchase
many of your works from the past week!"

- John Shuster, Skip, USA Men's Curling Team


I received a Tweet email Tuesday night from John Schuster, Skip for Team USA in Korea! He's asked about me doing a watercolor of the USA first ever Olympic win over Canada the other night in PyeongChang and included a photo. It was after he'd curled at 97% accuracy in his last game! And then he had time to Tweet me in Maine? That's cool, that's awesome. Big smile here in Maine. Go Team USA. We're in the Gold game! TeamUSA beat Canada twice. The headline in the Toronto Star on February 22nd read "Was this the worst day in Canadian Olympic history?" It was that big.

I'd seen John curl live in 2006 in the Worlds held in Lowell, Massachusetts, right after he'd played with Team USA and won Olympic Bronze, but we have yet to meet, only Tweet.


 
The reference photo I then
took off my recording of the game.


1 comment:

martine paquet said...

It is a winner, Bruce !!!!