Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow on Branches

Snow on Branches
by the second pond seen on a woods walk behind my home in Shapleigh, Maine
on November 14, 2014, sketched on November 17, 2014
7" x 5", Winsor & Newton watercolors, wax resist, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink
on 140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold press rough 100% cotton watercolor paper
unframed, sold framed, $100 plus $5.50 sales tax plus $9.50 shipping = $115.00



These are the paper towels used while painting this. I use them to wipe my brushes as well as dab my brush to remove excess water or to try a color to see its intensity. I also use them by laying them over a wet spread of color to purposely subtract color and-or leave a pattern. Plus I use them to wipe wet areas of color to create lighten spaces such as clouds as part of the process in painting a cloud.


No comments: