Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Daffodil Duo

Daffodil Duo
by my home's foundation in Shapleigh, Maine
on May 12, 2020, painted June 3, 2020
7" x 5" (w x h), Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam,
and Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness
and permanence, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on
140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold press rough 100%
cotton extra white watercolor paper
framed, $150 - SOLD

 
Purchased as a 2020 high school graduation gift by a mom for her daughter; shipped to California: "I love the colors of the sky and how it offsets/melds/compliments (not sure of the right word) the flowers. Nice narrative action between the flowers, too. I really didn't know what to get her for graduation that would be meaningful and represent both her accomplishments and new adventures. You provided the exact solution. Serendipity. Thank you from the bottom of this mom's heart. I love it."


As an extra thank you, I usually add original signed watercolor bookmarks made from paintings that didn't work, or studies, when I ship a purchased painting. In this case I'd added ones of the study I did before I painted the final art. As you see, it included the daffodil. I got this photo from them.

And I got this lovely message from the graduating high school senior:

"A week ago, I went onto Facebook to go to the band site to see the posts they were doing for the seniors. And then I decided, oh, I just want to see what Bruce has been painting recently. So, then I go on to his Facebook site and I see this painting. And I was thinking, 'Oh, wow, this is such a pretty painting with the two daffodils.' I was wanting to take a screenshot of it and use it as my phone background screen, and I didn't. But I was thinking that it would be so pretty to do that. And now I have the actual painting!" - Sierra


No comments: