Thursday, March 7, 2019

Olympic Gold in 5th End Final


Olympic Gold in 5th End Final
A commission, painted one last time
after I realized that, after focusing on the form
I'd created of John Schuster, who'd been blocked
by the TV cameraman, I forgot to keep his pants
gray and had painted them black, the color of the
Swedish team, sheesh. Thanks John for noticing
before I'd shipped it to Jennifer, the buyer.
From a photos by Jennifer Stannard
at the Gangneung Curling Center in
Gangneung, South Korea, on Feb. 24, 2018,
sketched often at various times since
then, almost final painting on Feb 25-March 1, 2019;
final painting March 3-5, 2019, 14" x 11" (w x h),
Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam, and
Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness
and permanence, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on
140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold press fine grain 100%
cotton extra white watercolor paper
$230 SOLD


Photo taken at the Olympics in Korea by Jennifer Stannard

A Satisfied Recipient
It arrived! Late day today but the box was on my doorstep glowing at me in the dark as I pulled in the driveway. I absolutely love it! Every bit! I am torn between hanging it in my home office or the living room, but tonight it will grace my bedroom so that I can see it last thing and first thing! I notice new things each time I look! Thank you so very much! -Jennifer

No comments: