Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A Worthy Farm View

A Worthy Farm View
at Worth Farm, 1075 Meetinghouse Road
in West Chester, Pennsylvania on Nov 1, 2018
16" x 6" (w x h), Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam, and
Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness and
permanence, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on
140 lb. Fabriano Artistico cold press fine grain
100% cotton extra white watercolor paper
exhibited and sold at Plein Air Brandywine,
Winterthur in Winterthur, Delaware,
$235.00, SOLD


The setup at Worth Farm showing the chair where I had lunch

Small World Brandywine


With my art at the Winterthur and the Plein Air Brandywine 2018 show,
the top painting, A Worthy View, sold to another painter, Ann.


Ann Terbush Schaefer, the new owner
of my watercolor, A Worthy View, and me


selfie photo by Ann

At the opening of the Winterthur show my painter friend, Alison Menke, said, "We have a mutual friend, Ann Schaefer."

Out of context I drew a blank. I searched my mental bank of memories focusing on painting events and painters. I came up with nothing. I never considered years ago in Iceland. On the last day of the show, Ann Schaefer said hello to me. The moment she said where we'd met, my brain made the connection, whoa, and I interrupted, "With Patricia! Yes. At Silla's home on Vestmannaeyjar. Wow, that was a long time ago. You were the traveling with Patricia, and you were the painter, of course. Oh, wow, you're even on my Postcard list, still, after all these years. Sheesh. Of course, I remember you."


Ann later wrote: "I think it was 2009 when we (Patricia and I) met you at Silla's...I think your book was part of our inspiration for an end of summer visit to see the fledging of the young (puffins) of the year...Nights of the Pufflings has been my standard baby gift for many babies since 2009!"


Ann's painting web site is HERE.
And a painting of hers of Akureyri, Iceland HERE


At the show a young model.

Art in progress of a young model by Alison Leigh Menke.
Alison's art web site HERE


Alison painting a young model
photographed by her very young nephew,
Erik John, using my camera.


A quick video of opening night (0:36)
Yes, that's me in the video taking a photo next to Alison,
and also in the video looking at the art with Carol Douglas.
2018 Plein Air Brandywine Winners
First Place: Henry Coe
Second Place: Tara Will
Third Place: Mick McAndrews
Honorable Mention: Carol Douglas from Maine
Artist Choice Award: David Diaz
Quick Draw Winner: Julie Riker
Nocturne Winner: Elise Phillips
Natural Lands Award: Randall Graham


I had a great time at Plein Air Brandywine, but finally
I read the message on the street.
It was time to leave.


Now, weeks later I'm home in snowy Maine,
whoa what a quick seasonal change.


No comments: