Monday, January 1, 2018

One Cold Bartlett Pair

One Cold Bartlett Pair
at 7 degrees Fahrenheit on the snow behind my home in Shapleigh,
Maine on December 30, painted on Dec 31, 2017
7" x 5" (w x h), Daniel Smith, Schmincke Horadam, and
Winsor & Newton watercolors, selected for light fastness and
permanence, and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on 140 lb. Fabriano
Artistico cold press fine grain 100% cotton extra white watercolor paper
framed, $100 + $5.50 sales tax + $9.50 shipping = $115.00

3 comments:

kaldor150@gmail.com said...

The satiated colors this pear proudly displays makes me imagine it's actually on a sunny beach basking in the sun, though I know it's probably frozen on it's beach towel

Ed Buonvecchio said...

Bruce, I love your snow series art and photography, the composition and juxtaposition of the fruit and snow is so creative! Great concept! I especially like the two pears cuddling in the snow! Best, Ed

Bruce McMillan said...

Hey, thanks Ed, always nice to hear from you. It's fun to do, though I do it quickly in these minus zero temperatures. Happy painting. -Bruce