Saturday, January 21, 2017

Pride in Protest

Pride in Protest
during the Women's Walk / March in Portland, Maine
on January 21, 2017, sketched on January 21, 2017
10" x 7" (w x h), Winsor & Newton and Holbein watercolors,
and Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on 140 lb. Arches
cold press rough 100% cotton watercolor paper
framed, $130 + $7.15 sales tax + $12.85 shipping = $150.00


In Our Corner of the World
Baking Our Bread
There's no knead for dough.
We stir it up. We go high.
Together we rise.

text and photo and art © 2017 Bruce McMillan
A photo essay by me of the Women's Walk
"In Portland, (Maine) massive protest
teems with more than 10,000"
Our Portland, Maine
huge inaugural protest January 21, 2017
was, according to Portland (Maine) Police,
"of historic proportions,"
like so many around
the world.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

More Signs I saw:
Together We Rise
Liberty and Justice for All
Science Rules
Predator in Chief
I'm with Her
We Are the Majority
Keep Your Filthy Laws off My Silky Draws
We Are All Leaders Here
None of This Is Normal
Get Your Laws off My Body
Yes We Can!
I am NOT over IT.
Keep Your Hands Off My Rights
Hate Does Not Make America Great
Health Care for All
Love Trumps Hate
#NOTMYPRESIDENT
On a restaurant window's chalkboard:
Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

3 comments:

martine paquet said...

I love this post. Bruce.
Thanks for sharing photos of the signs at the women's walk in Portland!

I enjoy your painting of this walk and the colorful interconnection you are depicting !

kaldor150@gmail.com said...

This spirited and energetic painting pulls the viewer right into the scene. I especially like the figure in the foreground and the complimentary colors.

Helen H Trachy said...

I'VE BEEN VISITING AND LOVING MANY OF YOUR PAINTINGS, SPECIALLY THIS ONE. sO FULL OF LIFE!