Thursday, August 11, 2016

Stóri Dímon from...


Stóri Dímon from Syðsta Mörk
on the south coast of Iceland
sketched plein air on August 7, 2016
11" x 8", Winsor & Newton and Holbein watercolors, and
Uniball waterproof fade proof ink on 140 lb. Fabriano Artistico
cold press fine grain 100% cotton extra white watercolor paper
Private Collection Iceland
Painting and...
 
Ruth and I hiked above Óli and Bína's summer house.
I was intent on painting Stóri Dímon. Once up with the heather
I decided to include it in the painting.



Clouds of low flying lava dust blew down the valley,
oftentimes obstructing the view as see here left of Stóri Dímon.


My no easel setup. You can see the Stóri Dímon icon on the cheese's
wooden tub packaging and read about the cheese HERE.


Later that day, by the newly Óli painted deck and railing
(the reason the table is on the grass), we enjoyed dinner
in the sun at Syðsta Mörk.

I had a frame I'd bought the previous day
at the Good Shepard (like Goodwill) in Reykjavik,
popped it into the frame and presented my gift at dinner.

Later that evening I found it hung in Syðsta Mörk next to
a painting sketch I'd done here of Óli painting the rail in 2012.
...and More 
After Ruth and I painted, we picked blueberries, so many of them,
and just starting the picking season.
Great views while picking, Stóri Dímon in view.
And on our way down, we stopped to do a selfie,
Two Figures in the Heather.

No comments: