Saturday, May 3, 2014

Turkey in the Yard

Turkey in the Yard
in my yard as seen from my window in Shapleigh, Maine
on April 28, 2014, sketched on May 4, 2014
7" x 5", Winsor & Newton watercolors, #3 graphite, on 144 lb.
unframed, sold framed, $100 plus $5.50 sales tax plus $10 shipping
Garza Papel recycled cotton cold press extra white watercolor paper
Note: This was a free paper sample sent from the Spanish manufacturer.
I had high hopes but I won't be painting on it again; it lacks the crisp feel
of other papers and seems to suck the color from the color, feels and
looks like mush, requiring over-painting, quite unsatisfying.
The paper truly makes a difference.

However: I'd recommended the free samples to online watercolor
painter friends including Celia Blanco in Rome and she's used it for
two paintings with success, Feeling Rosy HERE and Parsley HERE

"The paper allows for smooth washes and it had a nice grain and
absorbency. Delivery to my doorstep is an added plus!" -Celia Blanco

No comments: